Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Don't have GM icon on scanner
Don't have GM icon on scanner

2440 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-02 22:38:59

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    piotex61
    2016-07-31 00:31:58
     Just bought this Scanner a few days ago, And it dose not have the GM icon and I think it doesn't have the software for GM ether. tried doing the auto detect on my 2012 Chevy Equinox ,and it read ( Not supported ). Can someone help. Thanks.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-07-31 11:13:55 (Reply to:piotex61)

you need to go to the update app and load GM. If you just bought it you should have registered it and have 1 year of updates. If current version is on the tool it will not show up on update page. Read the forums before updating software and learn how to back up previous versions before updating. Also learn how to change logos back to OEM. Good luck

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    piotex61
    2016-07-31 16:41:14 (Reply to:hondaman219)

Yes I did registered the scanner on7/29/16, I thought that I had downloaded what I needed , now i'am sure I did not. last night I want back to update app and now it is on their, but that was before a read your reply. I did not back up the previous versions . Is this a bad thing, I have been reading through some of the forums. and thanks for your help.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-08-01 10:45:17 (Reply to:piotex61)

Its not a bad thing not to back up prev versions just insurance if you have trouble with the new version. Autel provides no way back. The tool should have had all the software installed from the factory. What version you had depends on when the tool was made. You register it for the first time and then download the latest versions. Just do not jump the gun and download as soon as they release new versions. In a perfect world new versions are improvements over previous versions. This is not always the case. My tool has not been updates in over a year. Still works fine. I have gigabytes of prev versions saved and will never use them. All you need is one good working version.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-01 17:32:58 (Reply to:hondaman219)

That's cool for you Hondaman  but I don't think others who did that system optimization  update or have new Maxi Sys  can save previous versions of software on the device right  along side the most current software to conveniently fall back on if something is broken or missing from  the newer version software. 

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-08-02 10:48:12 (Reply to:witsend)

True I can use some of the very first versions of software because I did not do the major system update but you should still be able to backup and reuse versions current to the new system. I saved all versions before updating as a backup. They sit on my computer hard drive taking up space.  I use the most current version I have and all of the early usa versions. Unless they changed the system after my last update.  I did read some posts from autel recently about how to back up the scan folder. You should be able to do it. BTW I am backing up the vehicle folders not the system itself. I do not think the system can be backed up and reloaded but the cars can.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-02 17:54:56 (Reply to:hondaman219)

I figure maybe with a Maxi Sys scan folder backup, after update  period is up and you only have issues with one certain car make's software on the tablet you could delete that one car make software on the tablet, go to the Scan folder Backup on your PC , surgically cherry pick the car make software , copy it to the Micro SD card , then copy and paste the car make  files from the Micro SD card to the scan folder on the Maxi Sys and surgically repair the maxi sys  single car make , rather than deleting the entire maxi sys scan folder and hoping to replace it with the entire scan folder backup saved on your PC., then the scanner system likely not give you authorization to access diagnostics any longer.
       Are you able to have two versions of GM or other makes side by side on the menu screen to access, so you don't have to delete one version to replace with a older version saved to PC?

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-08-02 22:38:59 (Reply to:witsend)

I have a 905 and do not use a micro sd card. I just plug my tool into my computer via usb and then use file viewer to open scan/vehicles folder. Pick the folder you want to back up and copy it to a folder on your computer. To put it back just copy it the other way.  just make sure you do not have 2 ford [for example] folders at the same time on the tool. For different versions at the same time I rename early ford folder to ford v1.2 or whatever you want. As long as it has a different file name. Then copy to usa folder. The tool will have 2 ford icons on the tool. I alter the icon picture to clarify which is which version. Then I can access each version as easy as changing cars. Usa cars work well. Multi cars ie toyota/lexus/sion not so much.  I have never tried to backup the system. I would only back up folders that I was updating Most all of my backups will never get used again but I have them just in case. Over a year ago they had a bad GM version come out. Everyone had to wait for autel to fix the problem. The next day I  deleted GM and restored the previous version They did fix the problem. After that I waited a bit before I did any updating. I left 2 months of free updates on the table when the disclaimer update "i did not install it" came out. My system has always been stable and have not had any issues in the last year, My wi fi is turned off. These are the thing I learned from ede65. He helped all of us early users get the most out of our tool. Where the tool is today I do not know.
  Total1 Pages